Sunday, September 4, 2011

Big Changes

The last week or so has been one of monumental decisions and the beginning of what I'm counting on being one of the most stressful years of my life.

We always knew that eventually we would be moving to the States. But what was going to be 3 years down the road suddenly got pushed to 12 months. Then, in a day or so, it was further pushed to 10 months! Moving 1/2 way around the world is stressful enough. Taking on the task with less than a year for all of the planning and preparations is like jumping off a cliff without being able to see where you're landing and just hoping there is going to be water.

And praying that water is deep enough to cushion your landing.

And that you miss the sharp pointy rocks.

And that the sharks are currently asleep or feeding elsewhere.

Anyway! We're heading off soon to visit my parents in the States, and while we're there we're planning to drive around a little and find a few areas that we feel we could enjoy living in. Hopefully that will give us some sort of idea about where we want to look for a new house.

For crafters, moving has a whole additional set of problems that have to be dealt with several months in advanced. For example, I have several projects in varying states of doneness. Do I push had to finish them? Do I relax and plan on finishing them whenever- potentially packing them away in a box? And what about the things that are done and up for sale but not yet sold? Do I have a sale? Leave them and pray? Take them off the market, pack them away, and put them back up after we're settled? And when's the best time to do all of that?

Possibly it's just me because I'm neurotic. Steve doesn't seem in the least bit stressed about any of this. Either that or my paranoia gives his fears a big enough place to hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment