Friday, June 10, 2011

Blue tassel army

Continuing with my hip scarf decoration. I've attached the white Ecru tassels and some copper pendants I swiped re-appropriated from some necklaces I got from the $2 store.  But, it needs more.

 Enter the blue navy yarn.

 I want the blue navy tassels to be a bit smaller than the white ecru, so I'm using a smaller book this time.

Sometimes I even read books!


This one's too big. Not for reading, just for the size tassels I want. I could just cut them down to size, but that would be a waste.


 Waste not, want not.




Hmmm....still too big.
 Yeah, we're going for tiny here.
 I call this one Goldilocks and the 3 tassels.....actually, make that Copperlocks and the 3 tassels- I have red hair at the moment.


I need a LOT of this mini blue navy tassels. A veritable army force of mini blue navy tassels!


Now, as I was making my army force of little blue navy tassels, I was asked, “Can you wrap them too tight?”

Who asked? Umm….well, it wasn’t a person on the outside per se. But the good thing about having lots of people residing in your own head is that the potential for being lonely is greatly diminished. 

When this person/voice asked his question, the other people- voices whatever- were incredulous and scoffed. A few were even angered by the question thinking that it was a tactic to waste time and they formed an angry mob complete with pitch forks and torches. As they closed in on this wee questioner in menacing fashion, shaking with rage and fury, I called out, “Wait! The question has merit!”

Turns out it may be possible to wrap the tassels too tightly, although I’m pretty sure there’s a threshold of tautness that can’t be crossed without the yarn breaking. However, it is certainly easy to wrap the tassels too tightly to pass the needle through the middle without assistance. 

Enter HERO THIMBLE! Yes, able to push needles through with a single thrust (sometimes more) and save your fingers from certain doom! (Insert wild cheers here.)



Oh, and I should note that the rest of the villagers- voices whatever they both start with v this time- apologized to the lone questioner and made him a very yummy pie. 

Mmmmm……pie….



Look tassels!

And just to point out, please notice that the mini tassels are all wrapped tight and neat. Yes, the tassel pirates haven't gotten to me yet!


Arrgh!
 

The mini blue navy tassels go marching 5 by 5, HURRAH HURRAH!
And yes, as my army force of mini blue navy tassels go marching off into the distance they pay homage to their ruler and overlord, the kind and generous scotch.

Fly my pretties!



I need a vacation.

Somewhere sunny.


Happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Jade! I was fuming freaking angry this morning... at guess what? Teenagers! Yeah, you know it. I'll explain on the private side, but I'm posting here to say THANK YOU for the chuckles, I needed to lighten up and laugh a little before I started to gather my own pitchforks. I need a vacation too. Someplace calm, with good looking men who want to woo me and make me feel good again. Dammit.

    ReplyDelete