Monday, June 6, 2011

Fit for a Queen

For those of you in the States, we in the Land Down Under are having a long weekend to celebrate the Queen's Birthday.

Being American, I have no idea when the Queen's actual birthday is. And apparently celebrating the occasion by wearing a tiara and eating birthday cake is not the traditional observance.

However, I love birthday cake, and I love tiaras. I'm starting a new tradition!

Now, I could do the honorable thing and share what I've been doing lately, but I've been a bit of a slacker and haven't actually made much progress in the last few days. Some, but not a lot. So, instead, I thought we could all enjoy another installment of When Crafts Attack- Queen Style!

Of course, to honor her properly, we have to know what we're aiming for. 


This is not it.


OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!
 Put on our prettiest party dresses.



Ummm....or that one.


 Find your best jewelry.
 And top your perfectly coiffed tresses with a tiara that is suitably...


Ummm.....


Stunning.

Don't get me wrong, I like sparkly pom pom balls. But honestly, this is just.... there are no words.
 And I'm pretty sure this falls under the category of child abuse. If it were made by a three year old, then hey! It's great! But this was made by a mother, with step by step instructions published online to encourage other mothers to make their daughters wear this.

Isn't there some sort of agency that prevents this sort of thing?












And again. This one was made out of an old ice cream container.

People, it's ok to buy some of your costume supplies at a store.

 But maybe your little princess (or you) prefers a more modern approach to the traditional tiara.

And falling down from the massive weight of your jewels.


Notice how the ear piece is not on her ear.

I wonder how well she can see.

At least she put on her dressy flannel shirt to compliment this fantastic accessory.

Now it's your turn to decide, because honestly I'm not sure if this is horrible or not.

Sure, it looks more suited to something you'd rip out of your garden instead of adorning your head. But I can see it working to top off a Mother Nature costume.

Maybe it needs to be seen in context.









Unfortunately, that picture doesn't seem to exist. At least not online. So you'll just have to use your imagination.


Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment