Sunday, June 12, 2011

Keeping warm

Outside my window this morning it's a world of white. Well, more of a platinum or silver. No, it's not snow, thank goodness, it's just rainy, misty, drizzly, crap weather. So I'm sitting here in direct line from the heater with my coffee and a candle going to help me stay positive....looking at pictures of when crafts attack.

And you know who doesn't have the benefit of coming indoors to get warm when the icy weather descends on the world like a hawk descends on a gopher? 




That's right, trees!

I'll bet you never give a thought about the trees in your garden out there shivering in the elements. 

Although, I'm not sure humiliating them is much better. I'll bet this tree goes home with a black eye after school and a nickname that will follow it for the rest of it's life.

For a tree that's way worse because they can live for a very long time!



Now, I can hear the snickering from the northern hemisphere crowd. Y'all are heading into summer. Heat waves, days at the beach, picnics in the park, and....

 backyard bar-b-ques!

When that summer sun dips below the horizon, the temperature can drop quite quickly and it's good to have a stylish wrap handy at such a time.

Won't you just be the life of the neighborhood watch party in this get-up?



But even before the sun dips down, you can be sure to stay stylin' all summer long!




There's just no words for this.








And hey! Let's not forget the kids! I know school is out in some areas, but being from California, school always went until just before Father's Day. So, I know that some schools must still be in prom season. And for all of you who are past prom season, here's an idea for next year:






Because, you know, those strapless dresses can get quite chilly late at night, and as long as you keep your wrist warm with this lovely corsage, you'll be just fine to dance the night away!









Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment