Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Another day in paradise

This morning, after days of rain during the school holidays with 3 children feeling homicidal from the effects of cabin fever, I awoke to glorious sun streaming in through the window. The warmth on my face was like the kiss of angels. And my first thought was, "Finally! I can do laundry and hang it out to dry!" Which is a really depressing thought. The first sign of sun in days and I think about doing laundry? Ugh.

Even more depressing when I actually woke up and it was pouring down rain, harder than yesterday, and freezing, colder than yesterday. Apparently the land of the eternal grey cloud is being engulfed by the first true winter storm of the year. And I'm dreaming about hanging out laundry.

This wasn't quite how I pictured life when I was a teenager.

Anyway, the ongoing adventure of setting up my Etsy shop continued with designing a banner. My idea was to share with you how to use a fabulous program called Gimp to do this.

And then I remembered that my computer hates me. After an hour of cursing the machine for being the stubborn whore that it is, I gave up. Well, not exactly "gave up." I'm way too stubborn for that. I'm just cultivating a plan. Giving it time to...uh....er....age to perfection. And for Bobbi Sue (that's my computer) to get her CPU on straight and remember that I'M THE ONE IN CHARGE HERE!

In the meantime, I did a simple beaded bracelet to remind myself how amazing I really am.

Turns out, this may not be the best organizational method for jewelry components.

I know, weird right?

So, through no fault of my own, because I'm awesome dammit! My toggle clasps are hiding from me. When they decide to stop being silly, I'll be able to finish said gorgeous bracelet.

Moving on.

I bid a fond farewell to Samantha the other day. Some visitors came over, fell in love with her, and offered $100. I wasn't going to sell her, but I could tell they really liked her, so, she's off gallivanting around the country now.








 Which means I need to make myself a new guardian for my car.

This time she'll have a black and red theme since that's the colors of my car.

Also, this time, I don't want the pain of trying to reattach her head! So as I pulled out her hair, I was very careful, only pulling out small amounts at a time to avoid tearing the rubber, and dislodging her skull.

It was difficult since it was quite hard to take out my frustrations on her.

It also takes a bit longer than simply ripping it out.


And gave me blisters.

But in the end it was worth it and now I can...

What do you mean "What blisters?" It's right there! HUGE! And painful.



Look! There! See?

Huh.

Well, it hurts.

A bit.

You know what, it's pouring rain and I still have 5 days to survive with bored kids. And there's no more chocolate left in the house. I need a wine whine sometimes.

Although, at the moment, the wee boy is watching Animaniacs downstairs. I think I'll go join him.

No comments:

Post a Comment