Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday....oh how I loathe thee

Fridays are much too busy in our house. And today was made worse by the fact that it's the last day of the school term (the kids are now out of school for the next two weeks, which is great news for the local booze shops), and I had to take my son to the doctor this morning which was followed by an outing to see the new movie: Hop.

It was quite cute. The movie, not the doctor. Actually, the doctor was pretty cute, too. Thank goodness Steve didn't come with!

The problem is, it's 4pm and I'm just about to head out to do grocery shopping since we have no food in the house, and I haven't even had a shower today! Yuck. Plus I need a hair cut as I'm beginning to look a bit like Shaggy from Scooby-Doo. But not as skinny. I'm curvaceous.

So today's creation is a fairly simple design, that will soon be added to my etsy shop. Beaded in a spiral design with a Spring color scheme and the coolest toggle clasps I've seen for a while. The leaf design is so art nouveau, which I'm fairly obsessed with, so it's no wonder that I fell in love with it!

This spiral pattern of beading looks really complicated, but it's actually very simple and quick. It's one of my favorite beading techniques, so you'll see it again in future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment