Monday, May 2, 2011

Bottomless Bag- Now with bottom!

Yes, folks, that's right. The ever popular bottomless bag is now improved with the addition of a bottom! True, you can't keep quite as much stuff in it as you used to, but what you put in actually stays in for later retrieval! Amazing!

Sorry, it's the first day back at school and the house is blessedly quiet. Except for the sniffing and moaning of the Man Flu sufferer, and the whinging of the dog who just wants to go for a walk dammit!

 First, I got to a point on the strap for the bag when I realized, oh shoot, I'm running low on beads. So, I started on the other side, hoping to make at least close to the same length as the opposite side so that I could think of something to add on later.

This is the point I ran out of black beads.

As you can see, no where near close to the other side.

So now I have options. I could undo the first side until I have enough beads to make an equal length on the second side...
 Or leave it, add some chain, and have a hip asymmetrical design.

Totally planned it!

I had you going, though, right?

Yeah. Anyway, I also have some of those charms left over from our wedding favors. Awww...
 To prepare the ends of the bead work, I added some loops on the ends.
 Then used a jump ring to attach the chain.











And another jump ring to attach the charm to the shorter of the beaded bands.

 Hip asymmetrical design.

And Zack's nose. He likes to check my work for quality control. At the moment I think he's unimpressed since the bag still does not have a bottom.
 A problem that is quickly remedied. I used square stitch (the same as what I used for the strap) to make a bottom. Sticking with the 3 row rule as it seems to fit the ipod perfectly, and that was the purpose for the bag after all.

I'm not happy with the outcome at all. Some people quite like asymmetrical designs. I'm not one of those people. My OCD tendencies make me crave symmetry. I value equality in all things!

But, I will cope. I'm chalking this one up as a learning experience, and I'm sure if someone saw this and didn't read this blog, they wouldn't realize how dissatisfied I am with the end result.
But look! I stopped at the shoe store after taking my son to school this morning and got myself a pair of warm fuzzy goodness.

They look like boots, but what they really are are magical warm fuzzy goodness for feet.

And they're comfy!

1 comment:

  1. Jade your descriptions are so colourful and creative I felt like rushing over with a warm cup of something to keep you going!! Margaret

    ReplyDelete