Thursday, May 26, 2011

On Sick Days

When you become a parent and/or work for yourself, sick days quickly become a distant memory occasionally recalled through snotty tissues and coughing fits. Unfortunately, becoming a parent and/or working for yourself doesn't stop germs from attacking you, it just makes it a lot harder to fight back.

Now, I know what you're thinking: when I stay home sick from work/school, it's a chance to catch up on my crafting since it's so relaxing. Yeah, ok. Tell me that next time you think your head may explode from the pressure building up inside of it.

To make matters worse, the craft gods are still upset with me over something I did, but have no recollection of.

As a result of the standing disagreement with the craft gods and the cold that has decided to make anything other than sleeping a chore, this is what I got finished today:
 What? You don't see it?

 Here, a closer look.

 I finished a boot. It may not seem like much, but let me explain this part to you. When I put the boot on Santa's foot, I had to adjust the pant leg. As I was straightening the pant leg, making it neat and tidy, the gathering thread at the waist snapped! Making the pants fall off Santa.

 You'll never think of Christmas Eve the same way ever again.



So I fixed the waistband, this time with a thicker cord.

And then sat staring out the window deciding if I had the energy to go to belly dance class.

Then the boys started arguing about something on the x-box, and I decided I didn't have the energy NOT to go to class!






Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment