Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What we have here is a serious lack of motivation

I don't know. Maybe it's because it's May and despite the wintry conditions outside my mind is rebelling at the thought of Christmas so early in the year. Possibly there's just something about these Santas that's putting me off. They've been hanging around the studio half finished for a year and a half, after all, and have rested at one time or another on just about every surface in here! I'm really struggling with this.

I did manage to force myself to sew on some of the fur trim. I still have the sleeves and boots to do (which is silly since they're both the smallest areas, but I just couldn't do it).

 Anyway, the underside of the fur material looks like this.
 Fold it in half lengthwise so that the furry side faces out.




This could make really funky tassels for belly dancing. There's something to try!
 Focus!

Hold the edges of the fur trim in line with the edge of the material. You want the trim to be laying against the material so that when you flip it forward it will hide the seam. 
 Hand stitch the edges together.
Add fur trim to the bottom of the jacket, the sleeves, the hood, and down one side of the front. It doesn't matter which side, whatever tickles you.

Or, do like me and procrastinate by playing on Face Book, or browsing videos on You Tube. There's a video I found on there a few months ago that was seriously awesome, but I can't locate it again. Bummer.




Happy face booking crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment