Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Passion of the Pasmina

Now that my beads have been delivered (woo hoo!), I wanted to finish this pashmina that has been giving me so many hassles.















You may recall the last time we met, I ran out of beads (again), and then had a wee bit of an argument with the thread when I tried to secure it. As punishment, I forced the pashmina to watch as I worked on other, more obedient projects.


I'll assume it's learned it's lesson, and give it another chance now. (Giving the pashmina the evil eye so that it remembers who's boss.)








The first step, of course, was to fix that little indiscretion involving the the thread. It was surprisingly easy to fix, however. Either the punishment worked to give the pashmina time to think about it's actions, or I came back to it fresh.




I continued my pattern (20 gold seed beads, 1 round, 20 gold seed beads) armed with my new supply of gold seed beads.

It's a bit hard to tell from this picture, but the new seed beads aren't a perfect match to the old ones.

There's a method of crafting, though, that I feel is most appropriate in a situation such as this. It's called the "Close Enough Dammit!" It can save your sanity.


Amazing how simple it can be when everyone behaves themselves.


The beaded edge just gives the pashmina an extra little kick to make it feel that much more special.

And I suppose I can forgive her for being a bit of a brat, because the result is quite spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment