Monday, May 9, 2011

A picture is worth....

Depends on the size of the picture, doesn't it? Have you ever tried to say a thousand words based on one picture? Sure, for some it's easy, but for most a dozen or so will do.

All the same, Steve and I both have photography as a background. As such, we have a really good camera- a Canon EOS 500D. We had to get it when our old EOS was stolen. With irreplaceable pictures still on it. I'm still a bit bitter about that.

Anyway, the only problem is that we share this one camera. Most of the time it's not such a big deal, since we have radically different shooting styles- Steve is better at landscapes and big pictures, I'm more detail and people oriented- but sometimes it is hard to tell who's taken what. At least we manage to work well together.

I got this idea that some of the images we've managed to capture over the years would be enjoyed by lots of people. So I decided to list them for sale on Etsy!

Here's a bit of a teaser:

 Thus far this is the only one of my shots that I've got listed. But it's a great example, when compared to the following images, of the differences between how Steve and I each view the world.

With this shot, I used Gimp to play with the colors.

Oh! And of course the items listed for sale here won't come with the watermark. That's just a protective step. Not that any of you would think about stealing these.
 We went to a park in Masterton a few weeks ago. I love that park! It is just so peaceful. Even with a hoard of small children screaming at each other in the playground.

Usually playful screams. Not the bad kind.






Usually.
 Ahhh, night time These are almost always the work of Steve. My hand just isn't still enough, and the light changes so quickly there's no time to find the tri-pod, rescue it from whatever it's buried under now, and set it up.







By the time you manage all that, it's full dark and you miss SO MUCH!

This weekend it was rainy, so we went for a long walk. It might seem crazy to you, but sometimes it's the best time to stroll around. Steve captured this tree (hee hee, tree hunting) just before we kept following the path up. Kid you not, just around a few more bends we cam out above the clouds into sun. It was the strangest feeling!

So make sure you keep an eye on our Etsy shop as I'll be listing more of these prints for sale. If you'd like to request a size, feel free to contact me. I'll do what I can to make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment