Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cotton Candy in Bracelet Form

Growing up I was never what you would call a "girly" girl. I wore black, preferred pants to skirts, and loved scary movies. While other girls were playing Princess, I was playing Huntress of the Jungle, Vampire Bat, or Pet Vet. In fact, I remember my first classes of ballet. All the girls in their pink leotards and white tutus, their hair done up in pigtails with little pink bows. And then there was me. Black leotard. Black tights. Black ballet slippers. Ballerina with attitude.

I can't say much has changed. I'm wearing head to toe black at the moment, still have a fondness for skulls and bats, and of course, enjoy a good horror flick. However, I've also managed to gain not only an appreciation, but also a love of bright springtime flowers, hearts, and the color pink.

Sometimes it's fun to be a girl.

 So in celebration of being a girl, I created this-
Cotton Candy Pink Beaded bracelet.

I used the spiral stitch with dark pink thread, pink beads for the inner strand, and translucent pink beads for the outer beads.
The effect is quite nice. Quite girly, but not too over the top.

And yes, this one has been listed on my Etsy Shop .

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment