Monday, May 30, 2011

Whirlwind

Wow! I'm still trying to catch my breath from this past weekend. Busy busy busy!

And it just keeps going! My son is having a day off from school today, so I'm left to entertain him. Unfortunately, there's about a million errands that we have to get through. So, I'm going to take a deep breath, put my head down, and get the errands done as quickly as possible. I see a lot of bribing in my near future!

As you might have guessed, not a lot of progress was made over the past few days craft wise. It was, however, very valuable planning time!

Each month, Steve and I have a date night. One night, out of the house, no kids, where we actually get to be a couple. For the last few months, our monthly date night has been going to the Cabaret performance in Wellington. An awesome show! June, however, will be ever so slightly different.

One of the things that draws us together is a mutual love for a little classic movie called The Rocky Horror Picture Show. And in June, the Embassy Theatre in Wellington is showing it again!

If you've never been to a RHPS theatre performance, you should. People get dressed up- the more extravagant the better- and really get into the character of the evening. For about 3 hours (with all the pomp and circumstance) a group of strangers come together to share a beautiful, open minded experience. When you begin to feel like we're all alone and modern society has effectively isolated each individual, an experience like a RHPS showing makes you realize just how connected we all are.

What's this got to do with crafting? Well, I ordered Steve's costume, because it's a bit beyond my sewing skills. I'm beginning to practice the makeup for him. And I've got the design for my costume in my head. One of my errands that needs to be done soon is to get some material to make said outfit.

I won't need much!

Oh Rocky!

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment